As seen on JobsInPA.com
Tyler Technologies | Erdenheim, PA
Tyler Technologies is seeking a Datacenter Engineer to join our corporate infrastructure team in our Plano, TX office. The Datacenter Engineer is responsible for the all-around health and availability of the Tyler Datacenter Infrastructure and will serve as a troubleshooting resource for the corporate IT Teams.
- Perform system-level configurations of VMware ESXi and Windows OS (port configurations, protocol configurations, etc.)
- Provide hands-on device maintenance such as device installation, firmware upgrades, system patching, component replacement, system testing, running cables and racking servers in the corporate datacenters.
- Perform storage configuration, monitor storage use, and assist Infrastructure team members with SAN tasks.
- Monitor all automated processes, pre-defined backup logs, and routinely scheduled jobs for completion and performance.
- Ensure all automated monitoring tools are reporting as expected.
- Configure and monitor for compliance the IBM Spectrum Protect disaster recovery backup & archiving system.
- Work with internal departments and other Tyler professionals to research and escalate system and application issues as needed.
- Maintain SolarWinds, VMWare vOps, and other monitoring agents
- Assist in writing and configuring scripts for automating the deployment of virtual machines, PowerShell, VBScript, C#.
- Evaluate alert definitions and assist in the development of departmental standards and process improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in computer science or related field, or comparable work experience
- IT certifications such as VMWare VCP, MCSE, and/or CCNA helpful. VMWare VCP certification will be expected within first year of employment.
- Typically requires 5-6 years of experience in an IT role of increasing responsibility
- Solid experience with Windows Server 2008 & above
- VMware ESXi 5.x/6.x administration experience required, typically 2+ years
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills
- Knowledge of disaster recovery administration principles
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks logically in a fast-paced, technical environment
- Ability to read and create operating system scripts to assist with repetitive tasks and customer needs
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a weekly basis
- Must maintain valid drivers license for quarterly travel to the datacenter in downtown Dallas
- Occasional weekend and/or after-hours time may be required
- Experience with any of the following a plus:
- vCloud Suite, vCloud Operations Manager, vCloud Automation Center, NSX
- IBM/Lenovo Flex Chassis
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and above, knowledge of SQL failover clustering
- Brocade SAN switches/basic SAN technology
- IBM XIV Storage devices; IBM v7000/v5000/v3700 storage arrays
- EMC storage arrays
- Logging/monitoring tools such as Solarwinds, ExtraHop, Anue, Wireshark, nDiscover, Syslog, Infoblox, Splunk