Software Engineering Manager
Tyler Technologies | Plano, TX
Software Engineering Manager is the managerial position for the development staff. This position is responsible for personnel administration of multiple teams in the development organization.
- Contributes to the improvement of the development process.
- Enforcement of adherence to the development process.
- Recruit, develop and retain individuals with skills, attitude and experience necessary to enable the organization to meet commitments.
- Conduct performance management and provide continuous feedback/on-going development of direct reports.
- Maintain a wide breadth of knowledge of all the Tyler products, as well as Tyler development standards for those products.
- Performs first tier support for other departments.
- Participates in planning activities for the development organization.
- Performs cross team project lead responsibilities.
- Participates in gathering and analyzing development organization statistics.
- Manage the maintenance and purchase of manual and automated tools that lead to higher quality or lower costs for the development organization.
- Performs Scrum Master Duties for multiple teams, as applicable.
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- BS/BA college degree in related field or equivalent experience is required
- The employee must have been with Tyler for five years or three years if the employee was hired with experience.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead team and produce quality product in a timely manner-consistently.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of development process and methodologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Tyler product architecture and technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with other departments and have client interactions.
- Demonstrated expert leadership ability.
- Demonstrated expert organization and planning ability. Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication skills, teamwork and customer service skills.
Tyler is subject to regulations, guidelines and/or client requirements relating to the qualifications of Tyler personnel performing certain client work. Because of the nature of this position, it is a requirement that the candidate can successfully pass a federal background check at the time an offer is extended and over the course of employment with Tyler.