Safety & Security Manager
Job Corps (Career Systems Development) | Laredo, TX
The Safety and Security Manager supervises the day-to-day operations of the Safety, Security and Fire Prevention Department to provide maximum safety and security for trainees, staff, center property and the surrounding community. Serves as the center’s designated safety and occupational health officer.
1. Demonstrates and abides by the Company Core Values and the operating principles.
2. Establishes and communicates safety, security, and fire prevention policies with pertinent center and Department of Labor regulations to trainees and staff.
3. Contacts trainees who have been arrested and has necessary forms signed. Reports trainee incidents to the Center Director.
4. Serves as the center’s representative and maintains effective liaison with law enforcement agencies in the community.
5. Formulates and directs the maintenance of appropriate operations records covering such matters as: Theft of Government or private property, arrests of trainees by local law enforcement agencies, violations of Federal or State laws occurring on the center property, incident reports covering infractions of law or violations on center property, retention of evidence obtained during investigations, fire inspections, vehicle registration, reports investigations of vehicular accidents that occur on or off Job Corps property, reports to CSIO on investigations concerning trainees, and building and grounds inspections for security, safety, or fire hazards.
6. Responsible for ensuring that departmental Equal Employment and Affirmative Action goals and objectives are met.
7. Responsible for monitoring all center facilities to ensure compliance with OSHA standards.
8. Approves new hires; prepares and conducts performance evaluations.
9. Participates in the disciplinary process as established on center, including Zero Tolerance for Violence and Drugs.
10. Provides in-service training sessions.
11. Conducts PRH required training with Center staff.
12. Responsible for overseeing the Occupational Health and Safety Plan.
13. Manages day-to-day operation of the center transportation department.
14. Coordinate transportation needs for the center.
15. Perform all similar and incidental duties as assigned to support the Mission, Vision, and Culture of CSD.
Minimum: High school diploma and OSHA certification. Three years broad-based civilian, military security or fire prevention and safety experience., one of which was in a supervisory capacity. Demonstrated ability to provide in-service training for staff and trainees.
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in work-related field and Job Corps experience.
Knowledge Required: Knowledge of standard security, fire prevention and safety procedures and OSHA requirements. Must possess a valid State driver’s license. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Must obtain and maintain CPR/FA Certification.
Interested in making a difference in young adults’ lives between the ages of 16-24? If so we may have the perfect job for you.
Job Corps is a government-funded, no-cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps socioeconomically disadvantaged youth. We strive to fulfill this mission by following our Core Values of Safety, Individual Accountability, Respect, Integrity, Growth and Commitment.
Come and surround yourself with talented and professional individuals who have also taken the next step of making a difference in someone’s life.
You would not only have a great and dedicated team to work with, but you would also be eligible to take advantage of a comprehensive benefits plan which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), legal, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
Monday thru Friday
Must be Flexible Rotating Schedule all hours
CSD is a leader in workforce development operating Job Corps centers throughout the U.S. since 1964 and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action / Female / Minority / Disabled / Veteran Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, child-birth, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. CSD makes reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact Susan Evans at (888) 308-0338 to request a reasonable accommodation.