Job Corps (Career Systems Development) | Laredo, TX
The Employer has temporarily removed this postingThe Residential Advisor provides safe, supportive and predictable environment in dormitory supervision of Job Corps trainees in their daily activities, monitoring their progress in attaining performance contract goals and objectives and utilizing behavior management and intentional and consistent Core Value driven practices. Conducts dormitory operations in accordance to Center operating policy and procedures and in accordance with CSD Operating Procedures.
1. Assists students in adjusting to Center life by providing supervision, behavior modification and acting as a mentor.
2. Provides daily supervision or assistance in monitoring students in personal hygiene, room/chore assignments, special recreation activities, cafeteria monitoring, transportation, and programmed activities.
3. Provides informal counseling related to stress management, personal problems, emergency or home situations, etc., with students, and provides insight into responsible behavior and attitudes.
4. Prepares reports and forms and annotates logs to ensure accurate documentation of daily observations of student’s progress, performance, behavior and attitudes, staff breaks, emergency information, communication information, references to critical information contained in folders.
5. Facilitates groups in life skills including budgeting, renter’s rights, completing a lease, completing chores, etc.
6. Facilitates small group discussions in life skills, peer mediation, conflict resolution, etc.
Minimum - Must have a High School diploma with a least one-year of experience in education or a similar field working with students. Model company Core Values
Preferred - Possess a B.A. or B.S. Degree in a behavioral health field from an accredited college or university. One-year experience in education or a similar field
General Requirements - In order to perform the essential job functions of this position, candidate must be able to compose/write descriptive reports; use appropriate techniques to implement programmatic activities; verbally direct individuals and groups; remedy dysfunctional behavior; intervene with students in crisis with aggression control/safe physical management restraint techniques; successfully complete mandated training courses.
Knowledge Required - Knowledge of methods needed to instill appropriate behavior as well as work and study habits in adolescent students; of housekeeping techniques and management; to read, comprehend, interpret, communicate and execute instructions or directives fluently in English.
All post offer candidates must complete and pass a background check and drug screen.
Interested in making a difference in young adults’ lives between the ages of 16-24? If so we may have the perfect job for you.
Job Corps is a government-funded, no-cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps socioeconomically disadvantaged youth. We strive to fulfill this mission by following our Core Values of “Safety, Individual Accountability, Respect, Integrity, Growth and Commitment.”
Come and surround yourself with talented and professional individuals who have also taken the next step of making a difference in someone’s life. You would not only have a great and dedicated team to work with, but you would also be eligible to take advantage of a comprehensive benefits plan which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), legal, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
40 hours per week. Must be available to work all days. Flexible schedule.
CSD is a leader in workforce development operating Job Corps centers throughout the U.S. since 1964 and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action / Female / Minority / Disabled / Veteran Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, child-birth, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, gender, or any other characteristic protected by law. CSD makes reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact Susan Bolter at (888) 308-0338 to request a reasonable accommodation.