Lead Product Analyst, Client Solution Architect
Tyler Technologies | Plano, TX
Lead Product Analyst, Client Solution Architect
The Lead Analyst, Client Solutions Architect (CSA) has the primary responsibility for leading the analyst activities of a group of individuals working in a functional business area. This position serves as an information source for the individuals engaged in this activity acting as a player/coach with regard to the analysis activities required to satisfy the client’s needs.
The Lead Analyst, CSA is responsible for translating client business requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs for complex business solutions. Acts as a client advocate and primary authority on software designed to address business problems. Functions as a liaison between the client and Development, driving the projects from conception to delivery. Involved with documenting business process and Odyssey software changes.
- Participation in project development and delivery, beginning with planning of commitment dates/ delivery schedule and project planning with PM, continuing through design working with the development teams, and assisting the PM in obtaining client signoff.
- Conduct Fit Assessments and Business Process Reviews, and partner with project managers to help in getting the client’s projects though the development pipeline.
- Gather requirements from clients to write project and product specifications. Define use cases and conduct research/analysis when necessary to support product development process.
- Serve as an information source for the client engagement to the individuals involved in acting as the primary Fit Manager, a liaison between the client and the development group and a player/coach with regard to the analysis activities required to satisfy the client’s needs.
- Incorporate new information, make quick decisions and keep the appropriate people informed of rapidly occurring developments.
- Work with the project manager to adjust artifacts and staff appropriately to meet any specific contractual obligations
- Write detailed description of user needs and program functions required to develop or modify systems.
- Create, review and evaluate design requirements documentation as they pertain to a client engagement.
- Participate in continuing to update the processes used, including, but not limited to, creating the artifacts to support best practices, standards and documentation templates.
- Plan, organize and manage projects and resources to achieve specific goals and to follow-through until process are completed.
- Be the primary resource for all questions concerning the client both within the software and process technologies.
- Review the work produced by other members of the team.
- Present a cohesive plan for project management that elevates the product delivered in the eyes of the customer
- Read and evaluate design project documentation to insure that appropriate documentation (i.e., design, specifications or test cases) is delivered with the project.
- Serve as mentor to all members of the project delivery team.
- Act as a subject matter expert for the application in assigned areas – liaison to development, implementation and support.
- Assist with project questions from support and review the release notes for the documentation team.
- Participate in several aspects of the development life cycle, including functional design, construction and testing.
- Collaborate with other team members and ensure that the development process delivers upon the requirements captured in the project documentation (i.e., design, specifications or test cases).
- Identify system constraints, implications, and consequences of various system changes in areas of product ownership.
- Understand implementation processes, methods and deliverables.
- Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- Position requires 25-50% travel.
- BS/BA degree preferred or equivalent technology experience.
- Knowledge of best practices, procedures and software development lifecycles
- Demonstrable expertise of Tyler software products (Odyssey) and our clients’ business processes required
- Three or more years Tyler software experience (Odyssey) required.
- General experience or knowledge of business concepts/processes, relational database concepts, software design concepts, and database modeling.
- Solid understanding of a software project life cycle and associated methodologies.
- General understanding of the software applications/tools and/or the business processes related to local county government.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- QA testing experience a plus.
- Excellent problem solving skills, and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively work with clients’ business issues.
- Excellent customer service skills
Tyler is subject to regulations, guidelines and/or client requirements relating to the qualifications of Tyler personnel performing certain client work. Because of the nature of this position, it is a requirement that the candidate can successfully pass a federal background check at the time an offer is extended and over the course of employment with Tyler.