Business Analyst, Incode Court
As a Business Analyst, you’ll work closely with a cross-functional Scrum development team to deliver valuable product enhancements and integrations to our clients. The team consists of Analysts, Developers and QA. The Analyst’s role is to understand and convey the business processes and problems our users face to the Scrum team. Your goal is to identify and solve market problems to meet client and prospect needs.
- Research and organize development efforts into meaningful Epics
- Conduct product and market analysis through several avenues including, but not limited to, researching the current software functionality, discussing problems with internal staff, conducting interviews with clients, researching industry best practices, and paying attention to market trends.
- Design requirements and documentation with foresight for the future maintainability and growth of the software.
- Decompose development work into consumable Stories
- Communicate information in the form of user stories that support user needs, program functions, test cases and steps required to develop or modify systems.
- Present analysis to the Scrum team during backlog refinement meetings. A strong analyst will understand complex problems and present them to the team as simple, clearly defined user stories. The analyst also needs to convey who we’re solving the problem for and why it’s important to them.
- Collaborate with developers and users to guide tasks to final Acceptance
- Collaborate with the team throughout the development process to answer questions, provide additional insight, and make sure the overall goals aren’t being lost within the details.
- Act as a liaison to clearly communicate ideas between technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Validate that completed tasks meet the acceptance criteria.
- Support the efforts of the Product Owner and Product Manager
- Communicate the significance of new enhancements of the software by coordinating with content developers and assisting with release rollout initiatives.
- Conduct show-and-tells with customers to gain early market feedback.
- Provide updates regarding the status of development and raise concerns to the Product Owner when scope increases, deadlines may be missed, or other issues arise that may cause a delay in the release or substantial functionality loss.
- Provide clarity to the team when questions arise surrounding reported bugs. Work closely with the Product Owner, as well as implementation and support staff, to help prioritize bugs and coordinate minor trade-offs during development cycles.
- Work closely with the Product Owner to manage customer enhancement requests and expectations.
- Bachelor's degree Computer Sciences, Management Information Science, or Business. Equivalent work experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One to three years of software development or related experience including but not limited to writing and documenting client specifications.
- Understanding of Agile software development concepts. Previous experience working in Scrum or Agile environments is preferred.
- Experience in court, public safety, or government space is preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with keen attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills involving the ability to manage multiple work tasks effectively.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills involving presenting technical and non-technical information in writing and verbally.
- Basic knowledge and experience with data modeling, relational databases concepts, and understanding SQL queries.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office. Comfort using a variety of software tools for day-to-day tasks and organization.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate in a team across functional groups.
- Ability to be effective in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to travel 20-30% of the time.