Associate Software Support Specialist would be expected to continually grow and expand knowledge of the product.
- Communicate professionally, clearly, and appropriately with clients and coworkers.
- Determine the urgency of issues for each client and their placement in the prioritization of issues for their entire group of assigned clients.
- Solve problems effectively in an ever-evolving environment.
- Maintain an approachable and courteous demeanor in both verbal and written communication to ensure clients’ confidence in the organization.
- Maintain composure under pressure.
- Resolve issues of basic to moderate complexity utilizing knowledge of established guidelines, company policies, and contract specifications.
- Work effectively both independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Effectively utilize available resources.
- Accurately record all details and progress in incident tracking system(s).
- Proactively improve knowledge and develop analytical and technical skills.
- Provide inbound phone, web or email software support to resolve client inquiries and problems which are easily solved.
- Analyze data reports, forms, and web technologies commensurate with level of training and understanding.
- Determine whether to resolve issues personally or to refer to a more experience team member.
- Read and write SQL to resolve basic issues.
- Responsibly communicate to all parties involved in issue resolution to meet and manage client expectations.
- Use Tyler’s client management system to create, track, and/or update details on the specifics of client issue(s).
- May assist with writing estimates for software modification specifications and documentation of support processes.
- May submit client issues to development team for resolution as needed.
- Perform Quality Assurance testing for software module upgrades/changes.
- Analyze results to ensure that software performs as required.
- May create or enhance documentation throughout the support process.
- Commit to expanding technological skills and knowledge of the Tyler products.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Effective decision making and problem solving skills involving troubleshooting basic to moderate issues.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Effective analytical ability, particularly in a technical environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of database structures including fields, tables, views, database objects, etc.
- Exposure to relational databases or SQL desired.
- Exposure to .NET framework (involving HTML, XSL, XML, and related technologies) desired.
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge and understanding of software development tools a plus.
- Ability to travel preferred.